Munroe Science Center
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the addition of the Munroe Science Center to Wesleyan College is the first major academic building to be constructed on the campus in more than 30 years. Following closely to the original masterplan by Walter and Weeks (1928), the new building is situated in a central location overlooking the main green space, adjacent to historic Georgian-revival buildings.
Doubling the current science space the project is an interdisciplinary science center for the study of biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, mathematics and education.
In addition to state-of-the-art classrooms, teaching and research labs, the 42,000 gsf building also houses a greenhouse for field biology study, and astronomy deck. The KISMET Community Learning Center is a multi-purpose space that enables the school to advance its community outreach programs and special women in science programs.