James E. King Jr. Life Sciences Teaching & Research Center
Lord, Aeck & Sargent, provided laboratory programming and design services for a new facility for the Biological Science Department. The facility provides research labs, teaching labs, classrooms, offices and support space. The project is LEED Certified.
The facility includes:
- Core laser research facility
- Large greenhouse complex for plant genetic research
- Specialty environmental chambers for both plant and specialty research
- Bio-genetics research center
- 150-seat auditorium
- Research laboratories that support NIH funded studies
The project is located south of the new Medical School, in the northwestern quadrant of the main campus. This project was completed in collaboration with Elliot Marshall Innes, P.A.
Credits and Links
©Thomas Watkins Photography