Georgia Public Health Laboratory
Georgia Public Health Laboratory - Waycross
After completing the State of Georgia’s Main Analytical Testing Laboratory in Decatur, Lord Aeck Sargent was selected to design a new branch laboratory in South Georgia.
Similar to the Main Laboratory, the Waycross Laboratory provides testing for bacteriology, immunology, microbacteriology, newborn screening, parasitology, virology, bio/chemical terrorism preparedness and training. It serves as a growth space to accommodate the increasing demand for Public Health Laboratory work, accommodating biological and chemical terrorism preparedness and reaction, and acting as a backup facility for the other Georgia Public Health facilities in Albany and Decatur.
- Flexible laboratories to handle surges and changes in testing needs and equipment
- Provide safe and secure environments to handle BSL-3 level agents
- Low maintenance, energy efficient laboratories to reduce operational costs
- Efficient work flows to handle large volumes of samples
- High quality work environments to attract and retain the best laboratory staff
- Floor plans based on sample flow and testing processes