Morehouse School of Medicine Campus Master Plan
Campus Master Plan
Lord Aeck Sargent is creating a campus master plan for the medical school, which is seeking to expand its class size and is also in the process of applying for several grants that would enable MSM to expand its research facilities.
The Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) is located on 20 acres near downtown Atlanta and is a private, historically black medical school with an enrollment of 300 students and 140 residents. The goals for this project are to:
- Accurately document the existing campus (including the various departments/user groups)
- Create a new precinct plan
- Design a strategy to migrate the disparate departmental functions to form cohesive, efficient groupings
- Integrate the various grant opportunities and their impacts to the physical environment
- Create clearly visible campus entry points
- Plan for future building expansion
LAS is documenting the entire campus in Revit, a Building Information Modeling program.